Inspired by the Life and Mission of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar, the students of Technical Colleges around Nagpur founded Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Engineers Association in 1969 under the pioneership of Er. Devendra Walde at Nagpur with the objective to help the poor students from Technical Colleges at Nagpur. A library was opened for these students and proved to be of great help to them.
It worked mainly for Engineering students welfare as well as Engineer's working in several fields at Nagpur. With the intention to spread the association nation wide.
Since then at Maharashtra State BANAE unit was lead by engineers like Er. Godghate, Er. Ashok Jadhav, Er. Devendra Walde, Er. G. M. Kandhare etc.
Now presently 'BANAE' is active and functioning with full enthusiasm in Maharashtra State with its Head Quarter at Aurangabad in the leadership of Er. Arjun Bansode and Er. Rahul Jadhav who are connected actively with this unit since 17 years and fighting for justice by approaching appropriate courts like MAT at Nagpur, Mumbai, SC/ST Commission at Mumbai and High Court at Aurangabad by virtue of which some of the BANAE engineer members could reach the chair of Secretary in Maharashtra State Govt.
- To organize and foster sense of unity and Nationality amongst the persons of backward classes belonging to Engineering profession all over the country and abroad.
- Student Welfare Activity to work as in information centre for the students to help them in their career planning as an Engineering. To organize and run coaching classes for the deserving students seeking admission in Engineering colleges.
- To organize and run libraries
- To fight against the discriminatory attitude towards the student.
- To promote and guard the special rights and privileges of student of backward communities at the time of admission and also during the period of their students.
- To help the student in getting the right amount of scholarships and in time.
- Arranging extra coaching and turorials for the needy student of Engineering colleges/Institution.
- To guide students for better jobs through competitive examination of UPSC, IES etc.
- To help student in securing hostel accommodation, construct hostel accommodation for Engineering students.
- To offer financial assistance to the students in diro needs and distress in the form of loans
- To secure scholarships for higher studies in foreign countries.
- To work for personality development and image building of students of backward communities
Become a member of BANAE
Ajintha Buddhist Caves, Aurangabad
Social 85 Religious 76 Government 37 Educational 36 Cultural 28 Banking 9 Other 8 Literature 7 NGO 7 Services 5 Political 5 Legal 4 Medical 4 Drama 3 Tours and Travels 3 Media 3 Labour 3 Industrial 2 Publication 2 Sport 1 Matrimonial 1 Engineering 1 Financial 1 Civil 1