Ambedkarite People | Political | Fri, 18 Nov 2016
26 November - Constitution Day!
On 26th November 1949 the Constitution of India was accepted by Indian government and was applied on 26th January 1950. World Economist Modern Buddha Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar was the architect of Constitution of India!
Election was held in July 1946 for Constituent Committee. Dr. Rajendra Prasad was the Chairperson of this committee. On 29th August 1947 Dr. B. R. Ambedkar became the Chairman of Constitution Drafting Committee.
The constitution had 395 Articles and 8 Schedules when it was accepted.
Some features of Indian Constitution:
- Written and broad
- Both - flexible and non-flexible
- Democratic government - Elected Members
- Freedom of Judiciary
- Center is more powerful
- Single Nationality
- Fundamental rights
- Impact of Buddha and Buddhist rituals
- Center is like a Buddhist 'Ganrajya'
- Annihilation of Caste system at National level through constitution - Article 17
- Freedom of speech, education, travel, live, religion
- Common Civil Code
- 22 Official languages
- Most of the features of Indian Constitution has been accepted by various developing countries!
- Our neighbour country Bhutan accepted Indian Democratic system
- Our females got right to vote since the constitution applied. Keep in mind that females from UK had gave fight for right to vote for couple of years! Babasaheb very well knew the importance and the strength of Indian females.
Ready for a quiz? here it is..
- Who was the chief architect of Constitution of India?
- By which article the caste system removed?
- How many and which fundamental rights people got through Indian Constitution?
- How many members was in Drafting Committee?
- What does 'Sansad' (Assembly) mean? Does it have root-relation with Buddha's 'Sangha'?
- At what age you can give IAS (Indian Administrative Services) examination?
- What are the 'Directive Principles of State Policy'?
- Monthly payment of President, Prime Minister, Chief Justice of Supreme Court of India, Member of Parliament?
Hungry to read more? check this out - Constituent Assembly Debates (CAD)
Feel proud on Indian Constitution!